Sunday, June 11, 2017

pot luck before Marriage is Murder

Michael left Saturday morning (6/10) by 7:15 AM and by then I was already downstairs getting my day started.  I had 2 main goals for the day: get the Quilt of Valor done and off of the frame so that Pat could start her quilt Sunday morning, and to make dessert for the dinner pot luck.  I kicked off the quilting and sat down to get my blog out and run through my emails.  One of the regular blogs I read sent out an email talking about those nagging tasks that we see every time we walk by them, but never seem to get to.  She mentioned that one of the books she recently read indicated that those tasks “drain mental energy when you continue to ignore something that should be dealt with.”  I know this is true in my own life, so while the quilt was stitching out I wrote a sympathy card that I’ve been avoiding, filed at least 2 inches of paperwork that’s been sitting on my desk, and put away some fabric I had dragged out for something or other, but never made it back to my fabric closet.  I felt really good after those tasks had been completed, so I treated myself and began to work on the second set of blocks for the new patriotic :~).  My quilt was done and off of the frame by 1 PM, so I headed upstairs to work on dessert.  I made a 9 inch chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, then headed back to my studio.  My honey came home with an 88 and headed out back to pick our “produce” for the day:  


I worked on the second set of blocks in the afternoon and got them done by dinnertime.  


Our guests arrived at 5:45 and we had a pot luck before heading to Fort Mill Theatre for MARRIAGE IS MURDER.  The food was great as always:

hot chicken salad and deviled eggs

these were yummy flavored ground beef sliders

spanikopita

We had the chocolate cake and a coconut cream pie for desserts....and everyone seemed to enjoy them selves:

Anne, Paula, Michael, Edie

Michael & Edie

Jim & Dennis

Ann Mary & Sue

Paula w/ a teal accent in her hair...I love it!

Sue, Ann Mary, Edie

Dennis & Sue

Of course there's always one that isn't happy:


I think a good time was had by all, and Michael and I read for an hour before bed once we were back home.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.