Sunday, June 25, 2017

baby quilt top done, new patriotic top done

Pat picked me up at 6:45 AM!!!!!!  (and this was after I didn’t go to bed until 12:30 AM Friday night because I was trying to finish my book!!!)  Anyway, this was on Saturday morning (6/24) and we headed to Matthews for the Anita Goodesign yard sale.  She went for Floriani embroidery thread and bought 2 buckets-full while I bought nothing (YAY!!)  We had breakfast at IHOP on the way home and after a quick stop at Walmart I was home by 10 AM.  My honey was already out golfing at SCCL.  I spent almost an hour going through emails and getting my blog out, and by 11 I was ready to get back to sewing  :~).  First up was putting the second border on the baby quilt:  


Next up was putting a border on another patriotic quilt.  I made 1/2 of the blocks in January, and finished up the other 1/2 while I was in Connecticut.  Unfortunately I left them there when I came home, so I had to wait until Janice & Dennis’s visit to get them.  I sewed everything together, but it still needed a border, and that fabric I found from Ginny I thought was just perfect!  


I hope to give this quilt to my neighbor, who is a Vietnam vet.  After that I wove in the ends and ripped out the basting and trimmed up the 2 patriotic quilts I just finished quilting.  Michael came home from golf and decided he felt like 521 BBQ for dinner, so we headed there at 5 PM…and just beat the rush.  When we got home I still had some energy and decided to start putting the binding on the first patriotic: 



 I headed upstairs at 8 PM to snuggle with my honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.