Sunday, July 19, 2015

yoghurt, pesto, student's bread



I had a lot of trouble sleeping Friday night, so was up early on Saturday (7/18).  Michael was up by 6 AM as well, since he had an early tee time.  I got a bunch of things done that I have been neglecting while doing the bags..laundry, making yoghurt for Michael 
blackberries on the bottom, then yoghurt, then a little jam on top!

 and harvesting a bunch of my basil and making pesto.   
gorgeous basil

toasted pignoli nuts

garlic

voila...already in the freezer!






















































I was finally ready to sew, but then had a visit from Gail and her daughter.  Michelle (the daughter) is the one who is selling my bags…it was totally worth it to push myself…she paid for 2 outright, took the other 2 I did this week, along with 3 more…I am thrilled!!  She looked over everything in my house and might want a few more things for a craft fair she will be doing in a couple of months.  By the time she left, it was late afternoon and I took quite a bit of time to put my studio back in order.  That was worth it, my tables are all cleaned off and I am ready to dive into another project.  Michael and I had leftover Chinese for dinner, and I wound several skeins of yarn for a new project while we watched TV.

Nancy (bread student) sent me a picture of her baked loaf, ready to head over to her neighbors to share it for dinner:

 

1 comment:

  1. you're not just kidding Gorgeous Basil !!! I thought so myself before I saw the caption.... mjnct

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.