Wednesday, July 8, 2015

b-day cake, Bryce & Anne, finished tumbling blocks



I was up early Tuesday (7/7) to get a little bit of stitching done before picking up Donna and heading off to my mammogram.  After I got squished, we headed to Joann’s to pick up just a few things, then off to the Vietnam Grille, where we had a fabulous lunch!  We were both stuffed and by the time I got home, it was just after 1 PM.  Donna and I had a delightful morning, talking and talking and talking  :~).  I still had leftover frosting in my fridge, and had planned on making another chocolate cake to take to quilting…but Michael came in around 2 PM and indicated that it was Bryce’s (across the street neighbor) 80th birthday.  Ten minutes later I had the cake in the oven.  I frosted it 
of course I didn't get a picture until it was almost all gone!
 and we called the neighbors and headed over to Bryce & Anne’s at 5 PM, 
the birthday boy and his lovely bride

 singing Happy Birthday as we all burst in the door.  Coincidentally, they were just finishing up eating a casserole of Chicken Enchiladas I had stocked their freezer with some time ago.  There were 9 of us and we all had some cake and talked for a bit before leaving as boisterously as we came.  Michael made mac ‘n’ cheese for our dinner once we got home, and I spent most of the evening in my studio, while he watched TV and tried to figure out if he had forgotten anything in his suitcase.  Although it is not mounted yet, my tumbling blocks is finally TOTALLY and completely done as far as stitching is concerned…

 just in time for the class Loree and I are teaching on it, on Thursday.

****pictures in today's blog are courtesy of fellow Floozie Jeannie...who has loaned me a camera for the duration of Michael's vacation.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work ! Thanks for sharing. MJ_n_CT

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.