Saturday, July 25, 2015

Diane, partial 3 dudes quilt top, pizza, Marc & Michael



Michael took Cookie to the vet early Friday morning (7/24), while I got my shower out of the way and dressed for my lunch.  She still has her UTI and is now on pills for 2 more weeks  :~(.  I got to hit the studio in the morning to work a bit more on the 3 dudes quilt.  I left before 11 AM to meet Diane at The Flying Biscuit.  Diane used to have the same long arm that I do, until she returned it due to it NEVER working correctly :~(.  But we were becoming friends as we bonded over our machines and decided that we still want to see each other.  Her life seems just as hectic as mine (if not more as her hubby travels a great deal for work and she has a daughter in college and she is VERY active in her quilt guild), but we are making an effort to get together.  We haven’t seen each other in quite awhile and today’s lunch was FABULOUS!!!   
Diane with an initial notecard I made for her
 Diane had a warm chicken salad, which she said had unusual ingredients, but was very good.  I had a chicken wrap with fried mac & cheese which was heavenly…and I brought 1/2 of it home.  We haven’t seen each other in a long time and had MUCH to talk about  :~).  We decided we’re really going to try to get together every other month…hopefully Diane will be coming to my house to quilt charity quilts (from her guild) during those visits, as we both discussed the fact that neither one of us is really a member of the “ladies who lunch” club.  We were BOTH delighted to discover that!  We stopped by Creative Sewing on the way home and Berry will be coming by in August to give Miss Scarlett her yearly check-up.  I spent all afternoon sewing together the 3 dudes quilt.  Here’s the layout:   

 
 It is not yet big enough for a Sterling School quilt, and I’m not crazy about borders…so you’ll have to stay tuned to find out what I’m going to do instead.  I made another pizza with the second half of the dough I had left….and of course, we didn’t remember to take a finished picture until it was 1/2 way gone….it was SO GOOD!!!  
pesto, fresh tomatoes, spinach & cheese











  



After that I went back to the studio and continued sewing until 9:30 PM, then Michael and I watched TV and I knit on a new project until bedtime.

My honey sent me a picture that I’m finally remembering to post:



 Marc & Michael having  a great father/son time in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.