Monday, July 13, 2015

bear embroidery


June and I talked and talked and talked Saturday morning (7/11) before she left for work at 9:30, and I headed down to my studio to get some things done.  I got more embroideries done: 
 
and worked a bit on a new quilt….but I have to step back from all of that.  I just got 2 custom orders for trendy (rope) totes.  I have not made one for over 1-1/2 years…and the configuration of my studio will make it difficult to make again….BUT….I am thrilled to have sold them, and so have to get busy!!  I spent a lot of time in the afternoon and evening reading a new book, and did a bit of knitting on a new charity hat right before bed.

 *********************

I spent Sunday (7/12) watching Wimbledon and working on my tablecloth.  June and I spread it out on the table Saturday morning, and we decided it could really use and extra row on all 4 sides (especially knowing it will draw up a bit as I quilt it).  I didn’t have any more green grape triangles, so I had to make those first.  Once they were done I got strips sewn together for the 2 shorter sides, and then sewed them on to the tablecloth.  I figured out I have enough triangles to do the longer sides, but just got them laid out in order.  Then I started to cut and glue all of my strips for the first trendy tote I have to get done.  I used this fabric once before and BG bought the tote; it was beautiful.  I always wanted to make another one, but never got around to it, so here’s my chance.  I worked until 8, then headed upstairs to knit and watch TV before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.