Tuesday, July 21, 2015

flowers, Loree & Reg, Pat & George



Michael picked a new bouquet of flowers Sunday morning (7/19), 
 


 before heading out to take Cookie for a walk.  I got waffle batter made and into the fridge, then made a quick trip to the grocery store before we both settled down…me to have breakfast and read the paper, Michael to have breakfast and watch the British Open.  I cleaned up the kitchen a bit and headed to the studio and managed to get the 2 longer rows for my tablecloth put together, and stitched onto the sides of the cloth.  It’s ready for Miss Scarlett now.  By then it was 3 Pm and I headed upstairs to put together an egg casserole, with sautéed mushrooms and scallions.  Michael had already cooked the bacon and he got the potatoes cut up and started for dinner.   
the master at work....

he makes THE BEST fried potatoes!






































Loree & Reg and Pat & George showed up at 5 Pm with a fruit salad and pieces of different kinds of pound cake.  We all sat down to waffles (thanks to Reg fixing our waffle iron), bacon, potatoes and egg casserole.   
oops - almost forgot the garnish

Reg & Loree

George & Pat



























































Then we got out the Tripoly board and all of the chips and settled in to play.   
the tycoons....1/2 way through playing

all they need are cigars!

































Other than a quick stop for dessert, we played until 9 PM…laughing all the while.  When everyone left, we cleaned up the kitchen and collapsed to watch TV.

*************************

Monday (7/20) was another whirlwind day for both Michael and me.  Michael left at 7 AM for golf, and I spent my morning at the Lake House at the Volunteer board meeting and then the regular membership meeting.  Beth stopped by during my morning and afternoon meetings to let me know what is going on with her and Bill.  Bill is suddenly experiencing seizure like symptoms….so their lives have become all about doctor appointments.  This is not good news and I have added them to my ever growing prayer list.  Once Beth left I had just a few moments to collect my stuff and head back to the Lake House for the Machine Embroidery meeting.  It was a good meeting with lots of beautiful show and tell, and a demo on embroidering napkins.  I made a quick stop at the bank and was home by 33:30.  I got a bit of paperwork done before Joanne & Larry picked us up for dinner.  It is restaurant week here in Charlotte and we went to a new place in Rock Hill.  I had a lobster salad for an appetizer, while Michael had three “chips” and three dips.  Then I had pork for the main course, while Michael got steak…and for dessert we both had the 3 chocolates: chocolate ice cream, chocolate mousse and chocolate flourless cake, all in a citrus soup.  Everyone was wonderful, but we certainly weren’t very energetic once we got home :~).  We both sat and read in the living room for quite awhile, then Michael watched a bit of TV before bed.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.