Monday, July 27, 2015

Mary Jo, bread


We were up early Sunday morning (7/25) getting ready for Mary Jo’s arrival.  On the way to the airport I ran down to the church to drop off something for Loree, then headed out.  Mary Jo got in early and was waiting for me on my first pass through the terminal.  She hopped in the car and we headed out.  She asked if there was a Home Goods nearby (she’s trying to find panels for her newly remodeled bedroom…so we stopped on the way home, but no luck.  Then it was home, where we immediately went to the studio to start working: 
working on Christmas presents already!
I did get bread dough put together and baked

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
so that we could have our first BLT’s of the summer (with 2 FABULOUS tomatoes from Loree.  I love my roma tomatoes to make sauce and for non-soggy pizzas, but a regular old tomato is the best for ‘mater sammiches and BLT’s).  Then it was back downstairs to continue being productive :~).  I finished ALL of the cutting for the Disappearing Pinwheel Quilt #5, and started cutting for the illusions quilt that several of us hope to make on retreat.  Mary Jo started cutting her squares for an “I SPY” quilt.  She had been up since 5 AM to get the airport in time, so finally at 10:30 we both collapsed and headed for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.