Thursday, July 23, 2015

bread class, pizza!



Michael left for golf before 7 AM on Wednesday morning (7/22) and I hopped up shortly afterwards as I had a lot to do.  Cleaning up the kitchen took a bit of time, then I had to measure out all of the ingredients for my second whole wheat bread class.  I had 4 students (2 machine kneaders 

 
and 2 hand kneaders) 




 and I think we all had a good time.  Two of the students decided to make their bread into 2 small loaves nestled into one pan….I always think that looks adorable :~).  


 Once they left, I put together pizza dough for dinner, and headed out for lunch.  I decided there was nothing in the house to eat and that I was going to WENDY”S.  On the way there I remembered that the Lake House has food, so decided to stop there…WHAT A GOOD DECISION!!   A yummy chicken salad sandwich on a croissant, a drink and a bag of chips for 5 bucks.  The sandwich was wonderful!  I’d like to say I hope I remember that for next time…but considering that in 8-1/2 years of living here, I’m not sure I’ve ever before decided there was nothing to eat and gone out for lunch!!!  After that I finally hit my studio.  I think I just putzed around down there until it was time to come up and put together a pizza.  The base was the pesto I made earlier in the week, then a layer of our roma tomatoes.  Michael put mushrooms on his 1/2:
  


 I finally topped it off with mozzarella, 


and when it came out of the oven, I layered a few slices of parmesan on top.   


 Michael said it tasted incredible….it was so yummy!   


After that I tried to SKYPE with Janice…but had to download a new version, which didn’t work at all, so we just talked on the phone for an hour.  I vegged and watched TV with my honey after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.