Saturday, July 18, 2015

whole wheat bread class, 4 new totes



Michael had an early morning doctor’s appointment on Thursday (7/16), so Jan picked me up for quilting.  I was very excited because by the time Willa brought me home (around 2 PM), I FINALLY had 48 blocks done on the THREE DUDES QUILT I have been working on every Thursday.  I can’t wait for Michael to lay it out so that I can see how close I am to the size I need for a single bed quilt.  I spent the rest of the day (until 8 PM at least) sewing on trendy totes, and finished the second one:   

It is difficult to position my sewing machine on the box I need to put the binding on, so I decided to work on the last 2 totes all the way to the top, then to put the binding on both of them at once....so I had a good start on the last 2 by the time Michael and I both collapsed on the sofa to watch the boob tube.

*****************

During the day on Thursday, part of my brain was thinking… ”YAY…I have all day and night Friday to finish up the last 2 totes”.  Of course that part of my brain was NOT communicating with the other side of my brain, which KNEW I had a bread baking class, had to make 20 rolls myself, and that we were going out to dinner.  Does this happen to you too?  I hate it when one side of my brain doesn’t talk to the other.  Anyway, I had another bread class from 10 – 1 on Friday (with a guest taking photographs which is why I actually HAVE some  :~).   



Nancy

Lona

Paula, Paula's sister Jodi (the photographer), Nancy





















































Lona formed her dough into 2 mini-loaves, the better to share with a neighbor















This is the second series of classes where the students will be making a whole wheat loaf of bread.  I think everyone had a good time, and as we stood around talking at the end, the students did all of the work of forming my rolls and putting them in the pan:   




 
So when they left I could go immediately to studio to sew.  Michael came home from running errands and harvested our first batch of Roma tomatoes:   


 In the afternoon, I finished this: 


 and at 5:15 I put the last stitch in this:  



I can’t believe it, I finished 4 totes in 5 days….YAY!!   


 
I just had time to get cleaned up before leaving at 6 PM for dinner hosted by Sue & Dennis (with Gale & Phil and Ann Mary & Jim).  We had a wonderful time…the food was great…and the conversation better.  We finally left just after 9 and read for just a bit at home before bed.

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is WOW !!!! Nice post.... mjnct

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.