Sunday, July 26, 2015

3 dudes quilt, "S" card, birthday cake, Evelyn & Susan



Michael left at 8 AM for golf here at SCCL on Saturday (7/25) and I headed to the studio to spend the day finishing up the 3 dudes quilt and getting a little cutting done.  Michael was home at 3:30 and I was just ironing my last seam…here’s how it looks now (ready to be quilted):


 He came home with an 88 (a good scored but he was bummed with no birdies), and helped me to put the quilt up on the wall…he thought the blue was a nice touch.  After that, I got just a bit of cutting done for a new quilt before getting cleaned up and heading over to Susan’s for dinner.  I took another card for a hostess gift: 
in case you hadn't guessed, these cards are the secret project I've been working on

 and we had a fabulous summer meal: pasta salad with shredded chicken (which had a really nice flavor) tomatoes/mozzarealla/basil salad, sautéed yellow squash and zucchini and some good bread.  Evelyn & Phil were there as well and we had a fun evening playing Mexican Train…the Mexican part got totally crazy on most of the games…here’s one example:   
   
When we broke for dessert I was totally SHOCKED when everyone started singing Happy Birthday and Susan brought out the cake:  

I'm sorry you can't really see the basket weave all around the sides


 Evelyn had made it (she used to make regular cakes and wedding cakes for a living) and put my favorite color (teal) on it!  

 
Evelyn (cake baker) and Susan (hostess)
 It was a totally YUMMY chocolate cake and Michael and I were both stuffed by the time we came home.  We read for just a tiny bit before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.