Sunday, July 5, 2015

4th of July parade at Paula's, giraffes & sheep



Happy 4th of July!!!!!!  Michael left for golf at 8 AM on Saturday (7/4), and I jumped up to get a new chocolate cake in the oven for Paula’s party.  
the piece I brought home for Michael

 Actually, Paula had TWO parties (because one party a day is just not enough for the hostess with the mostest  :~)   

I must have caught her with a mouthful of 'mater sammich!

 Her house is along the parade route, so she always invites everyone to her front lawn (she sets up 3 tents) for breakfast 
















and to see the parade.  
we always start with motorcycles





nice vet!


 
Uncle Sam on a segway is always the end!

 Here's just part of the crowd at Paula's:
Jim = fellow floozie Jeannie's hubby

Jeannie in pink
















Doug (our host) and Waylon (a neighbor)





 









Then, you are welcome to stay until NOON, or come back at NOON for her ‘mater sammich party for lunch…that’s what the chocolate cake was for.  












  

I went for the parade, came home to frost the cake and work on a bit of sewing, then headed back at NOON.  All of the food was scrumptious, and I was stuffed by the time I got home at 1.  I mostly worked on embroideries in the afternoon:














Michael came home at 1:30 (having stopped at Paula's for a 'mater sammich on the way home).  He scored an 87 on the golf course and seemed happy with that.  He picked some of our tea roses:


before settling in to watch golf on TV.  We had Papa John's pizza for dinner (and I'm not impressed), and I finally finished pinning the binding on Sylvia's quilt while watching TV in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.