Monday, July 6, 2015

breakfast with Pat & George, Pat's 2nd Sterling School Quilt, snails & pink elephants


Three things right off the bat:
     (1) I forgot to include this picture yesterday; one of my students sent me a picture of her finished rolls:
Judith


She said they tasted great!

(2) another student from the same class (Mollie) sent me a picture of her rolls.  She also used her extra dough to make a small loaf of bread.  She shared some with her neighbors, and hopes to make rolls again in a few days....HOORAY!






    (3) It's going to be a boring picture-less blogging week, as Michael is taking the camera with him to Pebble Beach.  If anyone within shouting distance has a digital camera (and cord to DL pictures to my desktop) they could loan me for a week, I would REALLY appreciate it...please give me a call!

**********


Michael took Cookie for a walk Sunday morning (7/5), then we got ready and headed over to Pat & George’s house for breakfast.  


  OH…WHAT A MEAL!!!!  We started with mimosas or Bloody Mary’s 

out in their screened in porch….which is absolutely GORGEOUS!!  After we talked for a bit, we headed inside for individual quiches & lots of fresh fruit….
 


 homemade waffles with strawberry compote or maple syrup and whipped cream!   
don't you LOVE her plates?

 It was SO YUMMY and we were both stuffed by 1 PM when we got home.  I started sewing down the binding for Sylvia’s quilt, and Pat came by around  2 PM to finish quilting her second Sterling School quilt.  I really didn’t have to do any work on her quilt…she did it all by herself, allowing me to finish the binding on Sylvia’s quilt.  By 6 PM, Pat was totally finished.   



 She picked such a cool pattern to quilt out, 
it's called PIPELINE

that I think I will use it on my next quilt.  I worked on some embroideries until 8, 



 
 then headed upstairs to snuggle and watch TV with my honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.