Saturday, March 28, 2015

yoghurt tutorial, Paula & Doug, Jan & Walt, crescent rolls, cookies



Friday morning (3/27) was pretty busy…I threw in a load of laundry and then took an hour to get chicken/barley soup into the crockpot (since it was a raw & rainy day).  I didn’t have time to finish Michael’s yoghurt Thursday morning, so I just shoved the whole crockpot into the fridge. Friday morning I brought it back out and proceeded to make it up for him.  First, all of the ingredients, 
crockpot full of yoghurt, blueberries, jam, containers

 then I started assembling...blueberries on the bottom: 

then the yoghurt: 

then a little homemade jelly on the top for sweetness.  Pop on the lids and voila…homemade lactose free yoghurt:  





I was finally done with everything by 11:30 and headed to the studio to continue with the new quilt, while Michael was out running a bunch of errands.  I got the batting laid and tacked down, and the top on and basted down and all of my bobbins wound before it was time to go upstairs and try a new bread recipe.  I put together dough for whole wheat crescent rolls, then set the table.   



Paula & Doug 


 and Jan & Walt 


came over for soup and rolls.  


gave me a chance to use my Easter bread liner



























 Paula brought yummy (could also say smurfy :~)cherry/almond cookies for dessert, 



while Jan brought a nut bread for our breakfast on Saturday.  It was a nice dinner, but both couples had to run right after, which was fine.  (In my continuing quest to clean out my freezer, I took out 2 quarts of homemade stock (one chicken, one veggie) and a package of cooked chicken.  Normally the bad thing with making soup is that I put twice as many containers of finished soup BACK into the freezer.  But inviting people over...and then sending them home with a quart of soup plus a few crescent rolls is a win-win in the emptier freezer game....no leftovers!)  

Michael made popcorn and we settled in to watch INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE…that’s the one with Sean Connery….still as terrific as ever!  I got the ribbing bound off on my sweater…it will probably be totally done just in time for summer (too bad it’s a mohair sweater  :~).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.