Friday, March 27, 2015

Cookie, Jeri, greenhouse, pizza!



I don’t know what happened to me on Thursday morning (3/26), but if it hadn’t been for Michael, I wouldn’t have had anything for quilting!   He packed up the car AND made me a sandwich for lunch (which I ate for breakfast since I never managed to make my tea or have anything other than a pear for breakfast).  I DID write 2 get well notes (on lovely "initial" stationery my friend Ginny made especially for me) and got them delivered before leaving for quilting….I guess I felt they were more important than breakfast  :~).  When I came upstairs with the notes...this is what greeted me:

both furry kids love, love, love that quilt!

We had THRITY-FIVE busy, happy, productive ladies at quilting…it was wonderful!  I worked on the binding for a quilt I quilted at least 2 weeks ago, and got it partially sewn on one side of the quilt.  I also took the quilt I just finished for a customer and Jeri seemed please with what I had done.   
 


 When I got home, I found that Michael had built my new, little greenhouse….



 so I’ve got to get seeds in over the weekend.  I did some paperwork after I got home (I HAVE to turn in our tax stuff on Monday….I made an appointment so that I have no choice) and since we had leftover dough and sauce, I made pizza for dinner.   

 
first the smurfy sauce Loree helped me can over the summer

sauteed mushrooms over the whole thing

1/2 carmelized onions, 1/2 spinach





I just read an article that said you should bake the pizza 1/2 way at this point, to allow the sauce to reduce and thicken before adding the cheese....and actually, my pan pizza recipe from America's Test Kitchen has always advocated that....so I put it in for 10 minutes at 425 degrees, then took it out and added a combination of mozarella and sharp, white cheddar for another 6 minutes.  Here's the result:





 Michael pronounced it one of the best I’ve ever made….music to my ears because you know I’m always looking for the perfect pizza!  I wanted to get the backing ironed and loaded for another quilt, so I headed downstairs after dinner and got a surprise call from Mary Jo.  I put her on speaker and we talked and talked and I got the backing loaded.  By then it was 9:30 and I headed upstairs to watch TV with Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.