Saturday, March 21, 2015

rainbow quilt #2 is finished!



I woke up at 4AM on Friday (4/20), sneezing and sneezing  :~(.   I couldn’t imagine where this came from, but Michael said there were a lot of people hacking and coughing on the bus trip we took on Sunday.  I really don’t need this now…I swear this happened to me just a month ago.  Anyway, I was finally through with my allotted paperwork by 10 AM (Michael went out to breakfast and to run errands for me) and I got back to the rainbow quilt.  By early afternoon it was totally done:   
















I have an idea for 2 more styles of quilts in rainbow colors, but I think I have to drop back to some UFO’s and some customer quilts first.  Nancy stopped by in the afternoon…we haven’t seen each other in FOREVER!!!!   We spent a couple of hours talking and talking and talking.  I said one of these days I would tape our conversation for Michael to listen to…but I think his head would explode in the first 5 minutes!!  Guys just don’t change topics 12 times a minute like women do  :~).  By the time Nancy left it was time to hop in the shower and head on over to Susan’s house for dinner….she also invited her friend Jim and Evelyn & Phil (another set of neighbors).  Dinner was wonderful, quinoa with onions & mushrooms, carrots, pork roast and cranberry sauce.  We played Mexican Train after dinner and in all the years we’ve been playing it, that is the very first time we played all the way down from double twelves to double blanks.  Susan served apple turnovers with a little cream for dessert and we had a wonderful time playing and talking.  When we came home, we both decided to read for just a little bit before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.