Thursday, March 12, 2015

second rainbow quilt, quilting on polar fleece



I had a terrible night’s sleep Tuesday night, and woke up very early Wednesday (3/11), so I just decided to get up and do some stuff and maybe take a nap in the afternoon.  Michael had an 8:30 AM shotgun start here at SCCL for golf.

Why does everything take longer than you think it will….does this happen to you too??  But at last, the second rainbow quilt top was done.    


  Then I vacuumed the floor….always the first step before loading a new quilt so that it doesn’t pick up any additional threads…since every quilt ever sewn ALWAYS has another thread on it when you look at it again  :~).  By then I was just beat and decided to take a nap.  Once I was up again, I managed to get the polar fleece quilt loaded and bobbins wound before heading out to dinner with Ann Mary & Jim.  We went to BREW and there were 3 fish & chips and one burger….all of our meals were good.  We were home relatively early and I got 3 rows of quilting done before Janice called for our weekly SKYPE session.  Actually, my tablet was running my quilting machine when Janice first called (the stitch definition on the polar fleece is awesome - you might think I'm using dark thread....I'm not...that's the shadow where the stitching is pulling it in..I know it's hard to see on cream colored fleece!)   



I managed to get into SKYPE and answer her call, but couldn’t figure out how to get back to my quilting program to finish at the end of the row…so I asked her to call back in 5 minutes.  We talked over everything for an hour, then I headed upstairs to snuggle with my honey and watch TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.