Wednesday, March 4, 2015

desk transformed, June's quilt, new notecards, blue/green 9 patch




I was up by 7 AM on Tuesday (3/3) with lots to do.  I finished cleaning off my desk, 
 
from this.....

to this....




























and got a start on the BAG of paper that needs to be filed as well.  In between I was quilting the quilt from H_LL!!  Truly.  June did a masterful job with thousands of 1 inch squares…but what made the quilting difficult was that there was an orange “flange” every 10 rows that was not supposed to be quilted over.  Given that the seams on the 1 inch squares had lots of “give” and the flange did NOT, it was truly a challenge, but by lunchtime I had finished the last 4 rows.   



It is not totally done yet, as there is one entire row that needs to be ripped out and put back in….I’ll work on that over the next couple of days.  My honey made me a grilled ham & cheese before Joanne arrived to pick me up for Stitch & Chat.  I finished knitting on a hat about 1/2 an hour after we arrived….so I just chatted for the rest of the time.  We made a quick stop at the grocery store on the way home.  Michael was drawing again while we were gone, and I have 2 new notecards to use


I got to sew for just a bit before dinner, and got about 1/2 of my blue/green 9 patches done:




 We made the last of our homemade potstickers for dinner, then Michael left to pick up Larry to see FOCUS, while Pam & Joanne & Sally & Barb came over to drink homemade Bailey’s and solve the problems of the world.

2 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful quilter and Sewer...keep on keeping on!!

    Michael <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wonderful quilter and sewer...love you...Michael

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.