Friday, March 20, 2015

smaller Sterling School quilt, popovers



Thursday morning (3/19) I was up and out early for quilting (after Michael packed the car for me).  I took all of the leftover chocolate rice krispie treats and all but one was eaten up.  For the second week in a row, I also took 2 smaller quilts for Sterling School (when they are giving out the single bed quilts, if there are other kids in the family they try to give a smaller quilt and stuffed animal to those kids), but the woman who normally collects them wasn’t there again.   
this was from a block of the month in CT, it has a polar fleece backing that I completed on my regular sewing machine in 2013

 I worked on the same old (read boring) quilt I’ve been working on forever…maybe by June the top will finally be done, but when I came home, I went back to the rainbow quilt.  It has been in the 80’s all week, but Thursday was rainy and overcast and in the 50’s, so I thawed out some soup from the freezer.  I didn’t have time to make rolls (actually I was just being lazy...let's face it!), so I made Michael’s favorite…..POPOVERS!   


 A full proof recipe that can be put together in literally minutes and tastes incredible.  I finished stitching the binding on the rainbow quilt (left todo?  Tie in the ends where the bobbins ran out and stitch down the label, then it will be DONE…DONE…DONE!!) minutes before Janice and I started SKYPING (we couldn’t do it on our regular Wednesday night because of the meeting and luckily both of us were available on Thursday).  We talked for an hour, then I called Jan back (she called while I was skyping) to talk about the book she is reading.  I gave her THE HUSBAND”S SECRET (by Liane Moriarty) and Jan called me to say that she had finally read what the husband’s secret was….that is HUGE!!!  We had to talk about that for a bit….she has a guess about what will happen in the rest of the book…can’t wait to see if she is right.  Anyway, by then it was after 9 and I headed upstairs to watch TV with my honey and knit on my sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.