Thursday, March 26, 2015

mile-a-minute blocks, a new zentangle card



I left the house at 9:30 AM on Wednesday (3/25) and didn’t get home until 4!!!  We had a long arm class, but it was held at Diane’s house…she is the other owner of the same machine I have.  It is always fun to get together with Diane, but of course there were problems with her machine/software and we had to stop.  Diane made lunch for us and it was FABULOUS!!!  Home baked croissants, chicken salad that tasted heavenly (yes, she shared the recipe with me), fruit salad, 2 kinds of crackers and cheery cheesecake for dessert!  Kay was there and I learned a few things….it was just a great visit.  I made a quick stop at Michael’s on the way home (a new food project I can’t WAIT to MAKE  :~), and was very glad to finally be home.  Even though I was tired, I resisted the urge to take a nap and headed downstairs and finally got all of the mile-a-minute blocks from my latest quilt scraps completed (and more importantly, I got all of the scraps from various places corraled into one box lid!):   


 My honey had also been drawing while I was gone and finished another card for me:



 We had leftovers for dinner….he had the last sloppy joe sandwich, while I polished off the other 1/2 of my lunch from the martini luncheon, and then I spent an hour on the phone with Janice.  SKYPE didn’t seem to be working, so we just talked.  After that it was time to finish off Michael’s yoghurt so that it could ferment overnight, and TV watching with my honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.