Friday, March 13, 2015

Michael packed up the car for me Thursday morning (3/12) and I headed off to quilting.  However, it turns out that suddenly the rules have changed and I was not allowed to sew slowly/quietly during the demo on the other side of the room…so I packed up and came home!  I fired up Miss Scarlett and got back to quilting my first polar fleece backed quilt…I LOVE it!  Now I’m wondering if I can “piece” the polar fleece to use as a backing on larger quilts….I’ll have to give it a whirl someday.  I finished up around 3 PM and Michael and I set up the kitchen for the 10 women coming for pot luck dinner and a DINING FOR WOMEN meeting, then we sat out on the back deck for a bit, reading our books and enjoying the weather, which is supposed to turn colder tomorrow.  Sharon arrived at 5:30 to get set up, and several of the women who hadn’t been to a meeting before showed up at 6 PM for an introductory video.  The remaining ladies showed up at 6:30 and we watched a short video on THE GRANDMOTHER PROJECT in Africa.  Then it was time for our potluck dinner….OMgoodness…it was hard to pick what to eat…it all looked amazing.  We sat around the kitchen table and talked and talked…what a diverse group it was….and by the time everyone left and I got everything cleaned up, it was after 9 and I was beat.  By the time Michael came home from the movie, I was sitting in the living room, with my feet up, reading.  We both read for another hour before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.