Tuesday, March 3, 2015

blue/green strata, biz cards



Michael left at 8:30 on Monday (3/2) for golfing at Lancaster, while I headed out to the bank/grocery store/library to get all of my errands out of the way early.  I spent the rest of the day alternating working on taxes and working on crafts.  I set the alarm and for every 45 minutes that I worked at my desk, I got to spend an hour sewing :~).  In this way my desk is almost cleaned off (always a forerunner to working on taxes) and I got the strata done for my next set of 9 patch blocks. 
  


 Michael got home about 3 and we sat out on the back deck and talked for a bit (it got up over 70!!!!), while also enjoying a short visit from Joanne.  Then it was leftover turkey dinner and TV in the evening, while working on my sweater.  I’ve finally got the first set of 128 stitches picked up correctly, so now I can just knit ribbing for several inches.

So...when I went to Machine Embroidery club in January, I took quilts as my show and tell.  Not the actual quilts per se, but the labels on the backs of them, which is the only thing I’ve been embroidering.  Several women asked me for business cards and were very disappointed I didn’t have any.  Fast forward to a week before the February meeting, and I go into WORD and try to pull together a business card.  It looks really boring to me, so I send it to Mary Jo and ask her to “punch it up”.   OMgoodness…..this is the result:




I LOVE them!!!!!  (Of course...what's not to love....teal and purple!!!) The paper is nice and thick and they have just a slight gloss.  I’ve been giving them out to everyone, and several people said “this looks just like you”!  Trust me, these look NOTHING like what I sent her….she is a genius!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.