Monday, March 23, 2015

dough, flowers



Michael left for golf here at SCCL around 8:30 on Saturday (3/21) and I headed downstairs to force myself to load up a quilt on Miss Scarlett.  I was very nervous because this customer only left me an inch on either side of the quilt backing of the main fabric.  She knew this was too short, so she sewed muslin strips all around the edge of the back.  I really don’t think it will look nice at all if the top goes over into the muslin part….we’ll see.  I worked all day on the quilt and got all but 4 of the rows completed.  Mary & Charles stopped by in the afternoon to pick up 2 smaller quilts for Sterling School.  Michael came home with a 95 (that he was totally not happy about) and said even with that horrible score, he was low man.  We had pizza and salad for dinner, and watched Tv in the evening while I worked a bit more on my sweater.

************************

I was up at 7 AM on Sunday to get dough made for 80 rolls (Cooking Fingers demo again on Monday).   



we made 4 pans of these
































By the time I finished it was 11 AM and Michael ran the pans up to the Lake House, while I jumped in the shower.  Then it was off to Jason’s Deli in Pineville for lunch with Sandy and Elise, and after that we all headed over to THE HUT.  Pineville is trying to start a theatre group and they were having try-outs for ARSENIC & OLD LACE.  Based on the people who showed up last week and this one, they need to pick a different play with fewer characters….but we all tried out before heading home at 3.  Michael took the dog for a walk when we got home, and I started in on the 90 Baklava Cups I needed to make for the demo.  He took some pictures when he got home....our pansies (which are winter flowers down here) 













have perked up in the last few weeks (they've been in since November) with the slightly warmer temperatures.  And we have a second clump of daffodils popping up as well:





I was finished with the cookies after 6 and headed downstairs and managed to finish off the quilt I started on Saturday.  I love to finish customer quilts because I don’t have to bind them  :~).  I was upstairs by 8 PM and snuggled with my honey while knitting and watching TV until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.