Monday, March 30, 2015

new size butterfly, Ethel and quilt #32



Michael left for golf here at SCCL on Saturday (3/28) and I headed to the studio to continue to work on my newest customer quilt.  It took me about an hour to set up the pattern exactly the way I needed, but finally I was ready to start stitching it out….and that was it for the rest of the day!!!  This was a large quilt (81” by 97”) from Ethel and it took me until 7 PM to get it all quilted.  .  I WAS embroidering while I was quilting….I started making a larger size on the butterflies and I love them     
first size on top...new siez on bottom

 I was cutting some of them out at quilting on Thursday and people seemed to go crazy for them.  I spent the rest of the night, watching TV with Michael and weaving in all of the ends on the quilt.

***********

We went out to IHOP for breakfast on Sunday (3/29). Then it was off to Ethel’s to deliver her quilt and pick up another one.  This woman is a wonder to me…92 years old and you’d think she wasn’t a day over 70 or so.  I believe her strong faith and her attitude are what keep her going.  She has not had an easy life, yet she is upbeat and cheerful with a thankful heart.  I think we could all learn something from her.  She felt led to start a quilting ministry in February, and now has several ladies making quilts. 

this is quilt #32 for Miss Scarlett

 We hit LOWE’s on the way home for dirt and a few plants (they didn’t have many out yet as the low last night was TWENTY-FOUR!!!), but I got some sage, oregano and thyme.  It was wonderful driving around….ALL of the trees are in bloom and it looks like spring…even though the temperature isn’t feeling it!  The rest of the day/afternoon was spent finally pulling our taxes together (that took the vast majority of the time)…and the taxes for QUILT DEVO.  By then it was almost 6 PM and I decided to treat myself by working just a bit more on my mile-a-minute blocks.  I also got a backing and top ironed so that I can load up Miss Scarlett again.

1 comment:

  1. Did you EVER think that you'd be buying DIRT ??!! LOL... The world could use a lot more Ethel's ! (MJ in CT)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.