Sunday, March 15, 2015

Cookie, Elsie



I don’t know WHAT is up with my sleeping this week!  We didn’t go to bed Thursday night until close to 11…I had a lot of trouble falling asleep….then was awake at 5:30 AM!  I tried to stay in bed and fall back asleep, but finally (Friday morning 3/13) at 6:15 AM I said to myself “this is ridiculous” and got up.  I didn’t have much energy during the entire day, so other than pinning a new backing onto Miss Scarlett, I sat and read my library book all day.  I came upstairs several times….always to a new inhabitant:   















I am reading THE HUSBAND”S SECRET by Liane Moriarty…..and I can’t put it down!!!  I want to know what is going to happen….it is SO interesting…..it’s a library book that I’m going to share with Jan after I’m done.  Michael had a quick doctor’s appointment in the afternoon, and when we came home he started to make spaghetti & meatballs for dinner.  I finally had a little energy and made 30 of the baklava cookies for a wedding shower on Saturday.  Then it was just relaxing and watching TV for the rest of the night.

**************

Saturday (3/14) was a gloomy, rainy day, but Jan and I were up and out early for all of our errands.  I was home just after 10 and had time for a quick shower before heading over to Ann Mary’s for the 11 AM brunch shower.  The table set up was lovely and the food was terrific.  There were 13 of us, and everyone had a good time talking and eating and watching Natalie (future daughter-in-law to one of Michael’s good golfing buddies) open her gifts.  I took lots of pictures, and Michael burned them to a disk for the mother of the groom.  I finished my book in the afternoon (thank goodness…so I could finally get something done) so I got the batting and top of my quilt basted to the backing.  By then it was dinnertime and we headed over to Jan & Walt’s.  Jan has been making the orange chicken from Trader Joe’s and she’s been telling me forever that I would like it, so that’s what we had for dinner, along with a salad, and raspberry pie for dessert.  The dinner was WONDERFUL…definitely something I would buy and try.  We stayed and talked for a bit, then came home and watched TV and relaxed until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.