Monday, March 2, 2015

beginning of new rainbow quilt, Michael pen & ink drawing, NSD!, cookies



Jan and I ran errands in the morning and stopped at Panera for breakfast on Saturday (2/28).  I was home by 10 AM and sewing by 10:30.  I got all of my blue/purple 9 patches made and also got my first 2 rows sewn together for the new quilt…that pretty much took up all of my day.  















  
Michael spent the afternoon watching golf (since he couldn't play...too cold) and drawing:



We had a turkey dinner with stuffing/potatoes/green beans and cranberry sauce for dinner before heading into Charlotte to meet up with Lisa & Dean for STICK FLY, the latest production at Actor’s Theatre.  It was an interesting play about race relations and the dynamics that can exist within a family….but it was very long and we didn’t get home until 11:30.  Then we stayed up far too late, reading and waiting for the beds to get warm before bed.

********************



We got up late Sunday (3/1) after our late Saturday night and the day seemed 1/2 over (and it was!) by the time we finished breakfast.  I got to hit my studio for just about an hour before heading back upstairs to find out it was NSD!!!!!   
 



NEW SPONGE DAY!!!!  I love new sponge day!  You know me….I’d keep using the same sponge until it disintegrated…..this used to bug Michael, so one day I said "change the sponge whenever you feel it’s time”….so now, I never know when it’s going to happen and it’s always a delight (you have to be happy about the littls things too ya know!)  Anyway, there was a message on the phone when we returned from the play Saturday night that the playhouse needed more cookies, so I had time to bake some (Mocha Chocolate Truffle & Almond Sugar Cookies) 



 and Michael bagged them up before heading to the Fort Mill Playhouse once more…we were on concession duty again.  We left at 1:30 PM and didn’t get home until 6:30….although we did stop for dinner.  I want to try all of the fish sandwiches at the fast food places during Lent to see who has the best one….HARDEES was our first try on the way home.  Their sandwich was excellent….a nice big piece of fish with lettuce/tarter sauce and cheese…we’re off to a good start.  We were both tired and just sat on the couch and watched the boob tube and went to bed a bit early.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.