Thursday, September 12, 2013

trendy tote (with pocket), sewing machine


Michael and I spent a bit of time Tuesday morning (9/10) at the CPA’s office, continuing to battle the state of South Carolina Dept of Revenue.  They kept our refund from the 2012 tax year, because they claim I didn’t send in $1417 in estimated taxes for 2011, but only sent in $917.  I finally got front and back copies of the 3 checks I sent for 2011 totaling $1417 (another nightmare story for one of the checks that I won’t even go into, but any of you at Travelers who have ever done any data conversion would just be shaking your heads in disgust!!) and we faxed them over.  I’ll jump ahead and say at the end of the day I got a call from the CPA indicating that they did get the $500 check they said I had missed….they mistakenly applied it to the tax year 2010…recognized their mistake and sent me a check for $500, instead of applying it where it should have been applied!!!  Trust me when I tell you that the story changes every time we call  L.  Anyway, I’ve gone through my check register for the entire year of 2011 (I always ask Michael to file the registers with our tax returns for the appropriate year) and I show NO deposit for the amount they are indicating.  So….I asked the CPA to call them back and ask them to send a picture of the front and back of the check they supposedly sent to us.  Anyway, we went out for a quick breakfast afterwards, and by the time I got home, it was almost time for Joanne to pick me up for Stitch & Chat.  We had a lovely time at knitting…I am taking a baby blanket that I started quite awhile ago and HATE knitting on  J.  I’m going to take it every Tuesday until it is done!  Once home from knitting, I got into a real dilemma.  Michael got a call back for the play he tried out for.  In an email, the director also asked if I would be willing to come in and try out.  That is SO FLATTERING, I can’t even tell you.  PLUS, it is at a theatre that is probably a step up from the local one I have been in.  I swung back and forth at the far ends of the pendulum, trying to figure out what to say.  Finally, because it is at the end of the year, and I always have so much more I want to do then, I said no.  If it had been in the spring, I really think I would have gone for it…the part would have been perfect for me….but there is a craft fair Oct 19th and I have very little done so far.  Anyway, Michael left for the callback, and I spent the evening knitting.

*******************************

Wednesday morning I had my usual, lovely chat with Janice (although it ended rather abruptly when our phone cut out), someone clipped one of the lines down here when they were doing construction.

I spent the rest of the day in the sewing room and this was the result:


 

 
 
 
 
You know, when I put the final binding on these totes and attach the handles, you should see my jury-rigged sewing machine which enables me to do it:







 

 

 

 

We had yummy ribs from the crockpot for dinner, along with what is probably the last of the corn on the cob.  I kind of hit a wall after dinner and ended up going to bed just before 10.

2 comments:

  1. Too funny with your sewing machine high in the air! I’m surprised it doesn’t tip! BG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of you for saying no to the play this time! Nancy A

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.