Monday, September 23, 2013


BG and I were both moving rather slowly Saturday (9/21) morning.  Michael left early for golf, and I think the 2 of us didn’t get up until around 8.  She packed up all of her stuff….we talked through tons more…and finally at 12:15 we left for the airport L.  I dropped her off and hit Joann’s on the way home.  I worked in the studio in the afternoon, and Michael came home with an 88 from golf.  We had a quick dinner and picked Jan and Walt up at 6:30 PM for the symphony.  We saw CHICAGO (the band not the musical) and it was TOTALLY the music of my youth.  I took 2 of my newest shawls to show Diane (someone who noticed something I was working on a couple of years ago and we got to talking and became friends).  She LOVED the brand new green ribbon shawl and asked me to set it aside for her.  I would LOVE it if she came to our art crawl in November and got a chance to see our house. 

I loved the concert….but wasn’t so crazy about driving home at 11 PM in the pouring rain.  I was VERY grateful to get home safe and sound by 11:30.  Michael poured me a glass of Amaretto and I polished it off, as well as my latest book A PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS by Minday Starns Clark.   This was a murder mystery and I enjoyed it a lot.  I finally fell into bed at 1:30 AM!

 ****************************************

We had breakfast on the deck on Sunday (9/22) after a bike ride and dog walk.  For some reason, both of us were very tired and ended up taking a couple of naps during the day!  I finally got a chance to work on another shawl in the late afternoon, before Al and Lynn picked us up for dinner.  We went to BRIO’s, a wonderful Italian restaurant in South Park.  Our dinners were FABULOUS!!!  I got the pasta alla vodka….yum…I wanted to pick up the bowl and lick all of the sauce up.  Michael and Lynn both got a shrimp dish and Al got lasagna.  We sat and talked at the table for hours…and didn’t get home until 9 PM.  We managed to stay awake long enough to watch the next-to-the-last episode of BRAODCHURCH.  This has been a mini-series on BBC….if it ever comes back (or if  you have Time Warner on demand, you can get it all) I would urge ALL of you to watch it….it has been FABULOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.