Saturday, September 21, 2013

pool table, 2 shawls, BG scarf, ham & cheese crescents


With BG here and both of us sewing at the same time….the pool table kind of got taken over with……STUFF!!!  Looks like it exploded, doesn’t it?



We were busy as bees on Friday (9/20)…it seemed we really hit our stride.  We finished another shawl:







 

 

 

Does this look familiar?  It should…when Michael’s niece Emily got married, I made a shawl out of this material, and a dress to go with it.  Many people commented on how beautiful the shawl was.  I never got the fringe on my shawl in time for the wedding….but it is done now, as well as this second one.  BG will be taking it back to CT because even though it is beautiful and I am anxious to sell it….I don’t want someone else in Sun City to have exactly the same shawl I have J.  If I could find someone outside of SCCL to buy it…I would sell it….but I don’t exhibit anywhere else. 
BG also finished a scarf:









 

 

As you can see it can be worn 2 ways, and the construction was really slick.  We took a long break in the late afternoon to pull our dinner together.  We did the ham ‘n’ cheese crescents…and this time we actually rolled them out as crescents and not sticky buns….follow along with the pictures:


1/2 of dough rolled out and spread with 'sauce'.  BG and I are still
revising this recipe...we think we will spit the dough into
3 sections instead of 2 to make the crescents a bit smaller

we were using up what I had in the freezer...but we decided next time shaved ham
and much thinner cut cheese will work better

here it is cut into 8 sections

ready to be popped into the oven
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

just one word needed....YUMMMMM - O!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After dinner we weren’t quite exhausted yet, so we completed one more shawl: 
the colors on this are not strictly true...in person it really
looks like water in the Carribean

 After that we both fell into bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.