Thursday, September 19, 2013

BG, Cookie, shawl, Donna's large platter, BG door apron


Michael left VERY early for golf on Wednesday 9/18 (and the less said about his eventual score…the better L) and work commenced early for the rest of us:

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
well….at least for some of us:

 
 
 
 
 
 

We did take a break to head to the famer’s market for some tomaatoes and some fudge.  Then it was back to the grindstone.  By lunch, the first shawl was finished:


 
 
 
 
 

 

I know it make not look like much, but putting the fringe on alone took 2-1/2 hours!!  That doesn’t include cutting it or stitching it down.  But I didn’t care because I think it is absolutely perfect for the shawl…very lightweight and float-y.  Donna stopped by in the afternoon to give me an absolutely SPECTACULAR platter she has been working on just for me.  The color is GORGEOUS and the platter is HUGE…it’s from an elephant leaf.  Donna uses real leaves to create her artwork:

 

I have to plan a very special occasion so that I can use it.  Just before we went to dinner…..TA DA….BG’s door apron was finished:

 
It is very beautiful, can’t wait to see it hanging on her wall.  We had dinner at 521 BBQ and BG relaxed with a ‘friend’ in the evening (who seemed fascinated by her granddaughter’s acting in THE LITTLE MERMAID):

while I got the patriotic quilt quilted (Willa offered to do the binding)….YAY!!

 
After that, it was time to collapse into bed.

2 comments:

  1. It was great meeting you, BG! You are just as fun as Deb and you to stay down here with us in the land of milk and honey. On second thought.....you would hog Deb way too much and none of the rest of us would get to hang out with her.....so you go home now BG!! Bahaha, you know I'm just kidding lady (remember the story of my special cow and zebra print clothing!) ~ Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fringe on the shawl is simply perfect. You're right, it needed something delicate and wispy. Thanks for all the pictures you put in, I know I've said it before, but I really feel connected seeing everything.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.