Wednesday, September 25, 2013

garage, sewing machine block, pink shawl


We are down to one bar of soap, so it is time to make more.  Our garage looked like a disaster area, so we cleaned a third of it Tuesday (9/24) morning….the side wall where I make my soap.  How stupid that I didn’t take a pic beforehand; you’ll just have to trust me that it looks about a thousand percent better than it did (and all of the cobwebs and dirt are gone too):








 

 

 

and now my table and all of my soap supplies are washed and I can schedule a soap making session.  Becky wants to come by and watch when I make it, but I told her she has to come the next day as well, to see if it turned out  J.  Michael wanted to clean the garage this summer, but I said #1 – we have to wait until it gets cooler and #2 – we would do it in 3 stages: one side wall, the other side wall and then the back wall.  It took about 3 hours and was TOTALLY worth it.  We do have to wait for a ‘hazardous waste pick-up’ to get rid of our paint cans, so those are all in a bag.

I forgot to mention that Monday night, I finished the second in the Mindy Starns Clark series DON”T TAKE ANY WOODEN NICKELS and loved it, so I have put the next 3 on hold at the library.

I had time to take a quick shower after cleaning before Joanne picked me up for Stitch ‘n’ Chat.  I had a wonderful time and got a teeny-tiny bit done on the hated baby blanket before coming home.  I had barely gotten downstairs when Joanne and Larry rang the doorbell.  Joanne’s sweet, sweet hubby Larry made me a stand so that I can sew my totes without the precarious balancing on the book stack!!  I LOVE it:
 
It may seem like nothing to you…but those books were an accident waiting to happen to my very expensive machine and the stand is MUCH more secure than the books.  It is longer and more importantly WIDER than my machine.  I can’t wait to start more totes J.

Michael had a quick dinner and left for rehearsal at 5:30 PM, and I continued to work on shawls until he came home at 10.  He headed for bed as he had an early tee time on Wednesday, but I was on a mission and finally by 11:30 PM I had this:

it's much more pink than it looks in this pic!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.