Sunday, September 8, 2013

garden flowers


Michael left early for golf on Saturday (9/7) and Ruth (a friend from Thursday quilting) came by at 9 to get a few pieces embroidered for some quilts she is making.  I can’t believe the work she has put into these quilts…they were beautiful, but I felt bad when I had to point out that the city I grew up in, has an “H” on the end of it.  Someone else had embroidered part of her quilt with Pittsburg.  She didn’t believe me at first when I told her that if she was talking about the city in Pennsylvania, and especially if she was putting the word ‘Steelers’ after it…it definitely needed an ‘h’ at the end of it.  We finally got it all sorted out and I made several embroideries for her before she left at NOON.  I spent the afternoon working on a tote, and at 5:30 Phil and Gale picked us up to go up to the Golf Club.  Ralph organized 14of us to attend the prime rib dinner and it was wonderful…lots of good food and lots of good conversation as well.  We were home by 7:30 and spent the rest of the evening knitting and watching TV.
I forgot to include this pic earlier….we did manage to have a small, but beautiful bouquet on the table when Al came for breakfast:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.