Tuesday, September 10, 2013

trendy tote, almond croissants


We had a nice breakfast on Sunday (9/8) and I finally finished THE STORYTELLER by Jodi Picoult.  This was a powerful story and very hard to put down.  If you have never before read anything about The Holocaust, it might be very hard for you to get through.  After that I needed something light, so I put a hold on THE FIXER UPPER, another Mary Kay Andrews book.  I’m sure that will be good for a chuckle or two.  Anyway, I finally retired to the studio to continue working on a tote.  I was there all day except for a quick break at dinner to eat Asian meatballs (found a container in the freezer) over rice.  Michael left at 6 PM to try out for ‘Arsenic & Old Lace’ at Theatre Charlotte.  It is with the same woman who directed us in HARVEY and BECKY”S NEW CAR.  He has never been cast at Theatre Charlotte, but since Polly (director) knows his work, he’s hoping for a part.  Anyway, when he got back from the try-out, I had this:



 I put a pocket inside too, you might be able to see in this pic:
 
I have started 2 others, hope to work on them both this week.

************************

Monday morning (9/9) Michael left early for golf and I got these almond filled croissants:
 
baked for a group of ladies who came over to knit…they were AWESOME!!!  I had several left and I put them in a plastic container, but it was VERY hard not to eat them before Michael got home.  I sewed in the early afternoon, and Nancy came for a visit in the late afternoon.  I got sandwich bread baked (just for you Inez….NO pic J) and we ran 1/2 of a warm loaf over to Gale & Phil.  After dinner, we settled in to what became a 5 hour BROADCHURCH marathon.  I have been watching this show on BBC for 5 weeks and it is just excellent!  They had a marathon of the old episodes over the weekend, and Michael taped them all to see if he liked it.  I wanted to watch them again, and we ended up getting all caught up.  He liked the show as much as I did. I got a lot of knitting done while we were watching, before toddling off to bed sometime after 11.

1 comment:

  1. It's soooooo dreamy looking ! Beautiful ! MJ

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.