Thursday, September 5, 2013

Phil range finder, charity hat

Michael left for golf Tuesday morning (9/3) (his group didn’t golf on Monday as it was a holiday which meant those pesky holiday rates!)  I spent a lot of the morning reading my next book.  I recently finished Tales of a Country Vet….not nearly as entertaining as the James Herriot books, but a few good stories none the less.  I also finished THE GIRL ON LEGARE STREET, which is the second in a series by Karen White.  These books were recommended by Ginny and so far I have really enjoyed them….except for the last 200 pages when things really begin to heat up and I CAN”T PUT THEM DOWN!!!!!  Meaning nothing else gets done of course!  Michael came home and was very pleased with his 83 and we talked for a bit about his game.  We had calzones for dinner (my last 2 from the freezer L) and Michael and Larry went to the movies while I worked on a very special item.  Apparently Phil has the same range finder as Michael, and Michael mentioned that Phil is always putting it down in the grass, or throwing it into the cart or whatever.  So, by the time Michael came home from the movies, I had this:

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
I knit for a bit before bed, and finished another hat:

 

 

***************************

Jan picked me up at 8:15 on Wednesday and after we picked up Debra (another quilter) we headed off to Mary Jo’s.  We spent several hours there…then headed to SEW MUCH FUN, a quilt store in the same town.  After that…it was off to Tony’s for their homemade ice cream in milkshakes…I got cookies & cream, Jan got almond joy while Debra had mint chocolate chip…YUM!!  It was Debra’s first time to all of those places and I think she had a ball.  I got home around 1:30 and I guess it was doing all of the driving, but I was TIRED!!  I took a 45 minute nap and then moved very slowly for another hour until I really woke up.  I got dough made before dinner, and I had ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP (cleaning out the freezer again) while Michael had tortellini’s for dinner.  After dinner, I made ham & cheese roll-ups and put them in the fridge to rise overnight, since Thursday is FOOD day at quilting. And then I just couldn’t seem to get any energy, so just sat on the couch and watched TV for the rest of the night.

1 comment:

  1. I have loved Karen White books as well, and know exactly what you mean about not being able to stop once the ending is beginning to unfold! Thanks for posting about your books! I've noted a couple of them, although I'm not sure I remember which ones in the long list of "to read" books in my library account. So much to read, so little time.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.