Saturday, February 16, 2019

SHQ show & tell

Thursday (2/15) was a good day at quilting even though Paula didn’t get to go due to coming down with a cold  :~(.  June & Susie talked for almost an hour about tools they use in their sewing rooms, that were not originally created for the sewing room!!!



Good show and tell:  









another one of my students finished her top!


I read for a bit in the afternoon, then spent a couple of hours making Elephant Chicken Soup to send some over to a neighbor who is going through some health issues.  We enjoyed the soup for dinner as well, then broke out the champagne and popcorn for Valentine’s Day and movie watching….EXTREMELY LOUD AND INCREDIBLY CLOSE…neither one of us saw this movie when it came out years ago…and although sad (the 9/11 disaster figures prominently in the story line), it was excellent. 

Michael and I were up and out early for an eye doctor’s appointment, and never made it home until 1 PM.  My cold/sore throat symptoms took a dramatically worse turn overnight, so part of our stops included a visit to URGENT CARE and I am now on an antibiotic.  I mostly napped and read Friday afternoon and evening….I am SO READY for this illness to be done!!!

I wanted to include pictures of a new baby quilt done by Arizona Mary….I LOVE it!!!



Look closely at the skinny gray strips...they are chenille-d!

2 comments:

  1. OK, I love that chenilling, how did she do that??? Inquisitive minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does one add Chenille to a quilt? YOUR HONEY...

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.