Wednesday, February 13, 2019

layout for Zig Zag Zoom complete


Well, I got a phone call from Paula on Tuesday morning (2/12).  You know we always sit on speaker phone together when we are trying to book the Greenway Restaurant.  She had some trouble getting in and I was able to book a reservation for her as well as myself on 2 different days (both reservations were in my name).  Eventually she got in and got her reservation, so I figured I would just offer my extra reservation to someone else here in SCCL.  Well, I got an email yesterday saying “we noticed you have 2 reservations, you need to give up one”….that is a change from previous times because as long as you made them on separate days you could have more than one, but what could I say?  Since Paula eventually got her own, I told them I was happy to give up one of mine.  This all happened on Monday before the Cooking Fingers Tea.  THEN, Tuesday morning Paula got a phone call saying they had overbooked and she really didn’t have one!!!!!!!  Oh well, she’ll go with me…at least we’ll get to have lunch together!

Anyway, it took me a long time to get my blog out (it always does when I have that many pictures) and Michael left for errands before I finally made it upstairs for breakfast at 10 AM!  

After breakfast I got the program set up on the newest customer quilt and started to stitch it out.  Because of the block construction, it was hard to get a really flat quilt, so I couldn’t do any sewing while it was stitching out as I needed to keep a close eye on it and manipulate the fabric a bit so that I didn’t stitch in any pleats.  I made good progress before stopping at 2 PM to review the next section of the Chartered Club Manual for our meeting at 3 PM.  I was home by 5 PM and sewed the last borders on the last 2 rainbow colors.  I decided to change my layout and got this far:  








when I decided I still had to tweak it.  The red/orange together are too close in color, and (no surprise here) so are the blue and purple.  So, I started to re-arrange the wall (and started with one purple instead of one red) and ended up with this:  



Final pic, I think I’m finally happy with this:  
crazy isn't it?  BG , these are the rest of the charm packs sent in error

Does anyone else see the mistake?  I'll give you until tomorrow to find it!

We had PAPA MURPHY’s for dinner, then Michael left to go to the movies, and I dropped back to quilting on the newest customer quilt.  By the time he came home at 10 PM, it was all done: 


and I was collapsed on the couch.

4 comments:

  1. I found it! I found it! Actually I saw it straight up - a lavender (?) and red side by side in the right bottom quarter! Tee heee!
    Am143

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup third row at bottom 2 sets are not diagonal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the zig-zag layout... so glad the green and yellow aren't together after all. Not sure why they bothered me ! I see a lavender and red square together... The newest customer quilt reminds me of the Jetson's for some reason !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.