Saturday, February 23, 2019

my day at INNOVA


Friday (2/22) was a very long day for me.  I left the house at 7:30 AM and didn’t get back home until just before 4 PM.  I headed out to Greenville South Carolina to the INNOVA store to check out my machine and what I was really getting.  I spent several hours with Michelle:  

Michelle doing her best Vanna White impersonation

I'm hot to make one (or more) of these stars!

up close and personal with my machine



some of the gorgeous quilts at the shop...wish you could see the quilting....it is awesome!



this BIG DREAM pannel was HUGE!!

and upgraded some things on my machine and now I am VERY excited to get it!!!  The bad news is, our training schedule has to move from the end of March to probably the middle of April, but the good news is that Michelle thinks I will only have to come for 2 days instead of 3 (because I have already learned a lot using my JUKI these last 4-1/2 years).  I'm worried that I've developed some bad habits since I basically taught myself...hopefully I can change some of them.

When I got home, I talked to my honey a bit and had a bite of dinner and a quick visit with Anne before heading downstairs to load up my baby quilt:


Kristin (the woman who is buying my JUKI long arm) came over at 6 PM and stayed until 9:30, getting familiar with setting up the pattern and stitching out 1/2 of the rows.  After she left I collapsed in the living room and read my book until my honey got home around 10:30.

Kind of a long read on the disaster that is our president, but backed with lots of interesting facts: https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2019/02/22/essential-cons-that-define-trumps-success/?utm_term=.29ef4f7ef8c3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.