Wednesday, February 20, 2019

scallop shells


Michael left for breakfast out with his golfing buddies Tuesday morning (2/19), while I headed downstairs determined to knock out the quilting on this last-customer-quilt-before-my-new-machine-comes!  First up was finishing my blog and emails, but by 9 AM I was quilting.  I did a few rows until 10 AM, then ran upstairs to get Italian Wedding Soup in the crockpot, before heading back to quilting.  I worked on it all day, and by the time I left for my meeting at the Lake House at 3 PM…it was done!  I got home around 5 PM and Michael had already eaten dinner and was collecting his stuff to leave for rehearsal.  I had a quick dinner myself, ran some soup over to my neighbor’s, then sewed for just a bit on the zig zag quilt before settling into the media room with a kitty on my lap and Cookie beside me to watch TV and knit.

Ihave had a picture to show you forever, and am finally putting it in.  You know that one of Michael's and my favorite puffy things is the scalloped stuffed shells we can now get at PUBLIX.  Well, the empty shells have always been so beautiful that I just couldn't throw them away.  I finally found a use for them....a fellow Thursday quilter, Jerri, has a daughter that works in an assisted living/nursing home.  She is responsible for all kinds of programs for the residents and here's what they did with all of the shells:

I think they are just beatiful and am glad they didn't go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.