Saturday, February 2, 2019

breakfast out, Anne & Cookie


On Friday (2/1) Michael and I decided to go out to breakfast together for a change at the Sunflower Baking Company in Ballentyne.  It was wonderful, we both got the same bacon/egg/cheese sandwich; his was on a cheddar biscuit, while I got rosemary bread with basil mayo….yum!!!  



We brought home a blueberry muffin and a cinnamon bun.  

I headed downstairs when we got home and finally got my blog out at 10:30.  Then Janice sent me pictures of her newest quilt layout and it was so pretty I just had to call to talk!!!  She’s going to share the pattern and I think it is one of the things I will work on when I am in Connecticut at the end of Feb.  Then I got an unexpected email from Mary Jo asking if we could SKYPE…so I spent another lovely bit of time visiting with her.  
Eventually I got back to basting my newest customer quilt, which took a lot longer than it should have.  I had it 1/2 basted when I noticed that the backing suddenly got 2 inches less wide than it had been:  


This means that I was now basting the top of the quilt to the muslin strips that were sewn on to make it wider.  So, I had to rip out all of the basting I already put in, reposition the top, and start again.  I have to say truthfully that I have not even started to quilt this quilt, and I can’t wait for it to be done…things have not started out auspiciously in the least!!  


Anne stopped by for a visit (now that I am relatively healthy :~) and of course Cookie just had to tell her that she never gets ANY love from us:



I spent a bit of time in the late afternoon and evening sewing another border on my rainbow blocks:  



although these colors look exactly the same to my camera, one set is blue and the other is totally purple!!  My camera NEVER takes good pictures of purple stuff!!

My honey got us FABULOUS fish sandwiches from ARBY’s for dinner and we spent the evening in the studio, sewing and watching TV.

Stash Report = Sorry, I forgot to include my stash report for January yesterday.  I started off on the right foot, buying NOTHING :~), and using/cutting 20-1/4 yards of fabric for the month.  So, I’m in the black for now….but on Monday I will be traveling to FOUST (the semi-annual sale) and my list is long.  We’ll see what the end of February brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.