Wednesday, February 27, 2019

fist day in Connecticut

Michael and I were up at o'dark hundred (5 AM) on Tuesday (2/26) to get the airport by 6 AM.  My flight was uneventful (although very bumpy) and BG was there to pick me right up:



We headed home and Mary Jo was there shortly afterwards and we all dove into Paczki's....YUM!!!!  BIG Y definitely makes the best ones and I am so lucky that Easter is late this year because the last day they make them is Shrove Tuesday. 

After that BG and I had a lesson on using Mary Jo's pineapple ruler.  Although the block we made was beautiful: 



I thought it was way too much work (and that was with Mary Jo having cut all of the strips and doing all of the ironing and trimming)!!!  Mary Jo headed home after that and BG and I started into our projects for this year. 

She is doing my Zig Zag quilt, so she started with this:


and by the end of the evening she had 2 borders on many of her charm squares:



I'm making a quilt that Janice just finished, so by the end of the evening I had this: 



We had pizza for dinner sewed until around 10 PM when we both fell into bed...what a wonderful day!

Extra Pics, someone took pictures when we were out at Buca, and finally shared them with Michael:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.