Tuesday, February 19, 2019

MESIG Show & Tell, baby quilt top done, zig zag starting into rows


Michael headed out on Monday (2/18) to hit BJ’s, ALDI’s and CVS…he didn’t even bother to make golf reservations last week for today as he knew every place would be swamped…literally a swamp!  

I spent the morning on emails/blog/paperwork and finally did a tiny bit of sewing.  I got 2 sides of borders put on my baby quilt before heading out to a Machine Embroidery meeting in the afternoon.  We had a guest speaker, a digitizer who was very informative and of course, the ever popular show and tell:  

a most gorgeous label

and more toilet paper



my mom would have loved this

and I wanted to steal this shirt

a table runner that would look great in my house






I love this...so simple with the open flowers, but so pretty

I WANT these cards



When I got home my honey was still out at the movies (Stan & Ollie), but when he got back we had a quick, early dinner of leftover Elephant Chicken Soup before he left for rehearsal and I headed downstairs.  

I got the final borders on the baby quilt: 


and started to sew together the Zig Zag quilt on the wall:  





The best thing about this?  Because of the size I decided to cut my strips….I don’t have to match ANY seams…WHOO HOO!!  My honey wasn’t home until 10 PM and we watched TV just a bit before bed.
My old sewing machine already has a new home and it makes my heart very glad.  If you’re not part of a regular sewing group, you may not know of some of the humanitarian sewing efforts going on.  One thing happening over the past several years are people who are sewing washable, re-usable sanitary pads for girls/women in 3rd world countries.  I heard from June that a friend of hers sews many, many hours every day creating these, and has burned through more than one sewing machine…..so I will take mine to quilting on Thursday and June will deliver it to her friend.  What a worthy cause!!!

And you get a special, sneak peak of Arizona Mary ahead of retreat…..modeling a recent knitting finish:



1 comment:

  1. Great photos of all the machine embroidery ! So tempting...love the open flowers as well and the balloon note card. And no matching seams on your quilt - heaven !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.