Saturday, February 9, 2019

Michael's birthday get together, Foster Grant model


I was up early on Friday (2/8) to get Michael’s traditional birthday cake baked and by 9 AM the 2 layers were cooling on the rack:  


It was such a beautiful morning that my honey decided to have breakfast on the lanair:  


After that I headed downstairs and spent an hour getting my blog out before putting all of my retreat stuff away, and setting up my machine again.  I met with a new quilt customer and took in 2 quilts and by then the cake was cool and I got it all frosted 

Michael's favorite - dark chocolate cake with dark chocolate frosting

before heading back downstairs in th early afternoon.  

My first priority was to get Cheryle’s quilt loaded up, but Michael joined me downstairs and we decided to watch a MAJOR CRIMES together.  So, I got the back loaded and the batting and top laid on:  


then dropped back to sewing borders on my rainbow blocks so that I could watch the show.  By the end of the show it was time to leave for a routine heart doctor appointment for Michael.  We stopped for an early dinner on the way home (fish sandwiches from ARBY’s….yum!!!) and bought some vanilla ice cream to go with the cake before finally getting home before 4 PM.  I got a bit more sewing done before stopping to set up a bit in the kitchen:  


Michael’s golfing buddies and their wives came around 7:30 PM and we all enjoyed cake and ice cream: 


Gale & Candyce

Ralph & Candyce

Phil & Gale

Dennis & Ralph

Candyce & Phil

Jim

Ann Mary, Sue, Gale

and lots and lots of talking for the rest of the evening.

And who is that behind those Foster Grants?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.