Monday, February 11, 2019

breakfast, snowflake, Zig Zag Zoom started layout


I got up on Sunday (2/10) determined to knock out some of this quilting hanging over my head!  I have a customer quilt on the frame….I took in 2 more on Friday….I have the 2 additional Quilts of Valor that were ‘bought’ at the auction (I finally have both tops done, but they need to be quilted), and I have a baby quilt to complete.  All of this has to happen before Miss Scarlett moves to a new home, sometime in the middle of March (yes, I have sold my long arm).  At the end of March I will be getting training on my new machine (an INNOVA) and then shortly after that, my new machine will be delivered and I will start getting to know it better (and will not be taking in any customer quilts during this time, although I have now worked out a plan with Miss Scarlett’s new owner.  If I get customer quilts before I am ready to do on my new machine, I will take them to Kristen’s house and complete them!!!)  Also within that time frame, I have a trip to Connecticut and a quilting retreat to Tennessee with Pat.  I already feel like I’m not ready for this  :~).  My honey tries to take some of the stress off of me when he can, and so made me a smurfy breakfast to keep me going:


Anyway, by 10 AM I finally had the program set up for Cheryle’s quilt and got the bobbins wound and kicked it off.  There are over 12,000 stitches in each row, and there are a lot of sharp points in the design:  


That means that each row takes a very long time to stitch out, and there are a lot of bobbin changes.  While that was stitching, I did some work on one of Michael’s costumes for his upcoming play, and finally had a chance to get back to my rainbow blocks.  I got the next to the last border on all but 2 of the colors while I was at retreat.  So, I started with the red and got the very last border on that….


and the last border on the orange:  


Michael left for rehearsal at 5 PM (after making us tortellinis for dinner) and I continued to quilt while he was gone.  By the time he got home I had completed the quilting on Cheryle’s quilt.  


I staggered upstairs at 9:30 PM and got my cookies done for the Cooking Fingers tea Monday morning.  No picture as yet since the camera was downstairs.

I forgot to post this the other day...the kitties LOVE the lanair and run out there any chance they get....this was a couple of days ago, when the temps got into the 70;s:



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on selling Ms. Scarlett ! Love your new rainbow blocks !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have we seen that zig zag before? I don't think so...I think I may want that pattern too. The lines look cool.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.