Monday, February 25, 2019

Martini Night


My honey was up and out early on Monday (2/25) desperate to get in a bit of golf, even though the course was probably a lake!!!  I got to sleep in and it was heavenly (except for Cookie jumping in and out of the bed every 10 minutes!)   

Eventually I made my way downstairs and got the program set up and started quilting on the newest QoV:  



I got to see the bluebird up close and personal when it discovered the bird feeder right at the edge of the patio:



I worked on my quilt until 3 PM and am almost 1/2 way done with my rows.  
My honey came home from golf and said it was a real slog fest, but he was happy to be out there anyway.  I ran to the bank and to CVS, then got cleaned up and headed out to pick up Pat for Martini Night.  Andie was our hostess:


and she had a lovely spread of appetizers: 




along with Pink Cosmos:


But she stole my heart with dinner...Italian Wedding Soup and home made rolls!  Everyone enjoyed everything...it was all delicious!

Pat, Joyce, Jane, Andie

Ellie, Bonnie, Barb, Alice
We played PICTIONARY after dinner (always a hoot) and Andi served a lemon cooler for dessert and it was light, refreshing and heavenly.  I left early to come home and cut some cream colored strips and pack.   I'll be winging my way to CT at o'dark hundred tomorrow.

*** MMR – Michael’s Movie Reviews ***

Stan+Ollie with Seve Coogan and John C Rielly – The comedy team of Laurel & Hardy were at their peak in 1937, but getting no respect or money from Hal Roach who owns the studio and rights to their pictures.  Trying to negotiate was futile and Stan’s contract ended and he was ‘fired’, while Oliver ‘had to’ continue working as his contract was not up.  Fast forward 16 years to 1953 and the duo is teamed up again (across the pond) on a personal tour, supposedly to raise money for their own movie.  The rest of the story is about their relationship, personal and business, and what it was like to be in the twilight of their careers.  Superb make-up makes you believe John C Rielly is Oliver, and actions and expressions turn Steve Coogan into Stan.  It’s a story well told with great acting and period costumes.  If you like Laurel & Hardy, you will love Stan+Ollie.  I give it 4 fat quarters out of 5. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.