Thursday, February 21, 2019

lunch at the Greenway


I barely had time to get my blog out Wednesday morning (2/20) before SKYPE-ing with Janice at 9 AM.  I can’t believe she and Dennis will be here on Saturday, getting ready to do a pre-drywall inspection of their house in North Carolina on Monday!!!!  I finished SKYPE and ran upstairs to greet Connie: 


and we threw on our coats and ran outside to be picked up by Paula and to meet Pam at the Lake House and head into town for lunch at the Greenway.  They changed the class that was providing the food, and for this session it was the ‘Garde Manger class, (in French means ‘cold kitchen’).  The Garde Manger class focuses on brining, pickling, and smoking foods; creating salads & dressings; and preparing classical pates, terrines and sausages.  You can expect some iconic deli sandwiches which will be served with a variety of sides from which to choose.  The students will prepare breads, sauces, soups, salads, dressings and sides that will make you smile.  We will, of course, complete your lunch with a treat from the bakeshop. 

Paula

Pam

Connie


a selection of pickled/brined veggies...excelleint!

we all had butternut squash soup....yum!!

I had a BLT with pimento cheese

Connie had a Kentucky hot brown (which I almost got)

Pam had the ahi tuna

and Paula had a pastrami rueben

dessert was a tres leches cheesecake

By the time I got home I just had time to say hello to Michael before leaving for a hair appointment.  I got home after 5 PM and Michael was packing up to leave for rehearsal…their last before opening night  :~).  I had something quick for dinner (don’t really remember what!!) and headed downstairs to continue to sew my zig zag quilt into rows until my honey came home.

In case you aren’t aware of it, this is the standard line of all dictators as they try to supress the media from printing anything bad about them.  How sad that the current occupant of the White House is still spouting this rhetoric after 2 years in office: https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/02/20/trump-calls-new-york-times-a-true-enemy-of-the-people/23674138/  He still believes if he says something enough times, it makes it true and people will believe him.  The sad truth is that some people do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.