Sunday, February 17, 2019

British Invation Tribute Band, Deb's head boo-boo


Michael left at 9:15 on Saturday morning (2/16) for golf here at SCCL.  At 10 AM when I finally made it downstairs to start quilting, I couldn’t believe he wasn’t home yet as it was steadily raining!!  Well, guess what….10 minutes later he was home  :~).  They only got in 2 holes and the drizzle became a downpour.  So, my honey was sweet and made me breakfast:  


When we were out running around yesterday, one of the stops we didn’t make was to a Pfaff Sewing Machine repair place.  Reg (Loree’s husband) confirmed my thought that the problem with my machine was that it needed a new motherboard….AND…that they no longer make them  :~(.  So, he definitely saved me a $200 intake fee at the repair place!  I’m going to give my machine away.  It turns on and will sew a straight stitch at a stitch length of 2.5 MM, so I figure someone learning to sew could still use it.  If you know of anyone that fits that description….let me know.  

Anyway, I finally kicked off quilting on the second customer quilt and got a bunch of rows done before taking a long nap in the afternoon.  I really don’t feel too bad with this cold…but it is kicking my b_tt in terms of not having my usual energy.  

We had a light dinner of soup before heading up to the Lodge to meet Paula & Doug and other guests to see a British Invasion Tribute Band.  They played songs from the ROLLING STONES, THE DAVE CLARK FIVE and lots and lots of songs from the BEATLES.  





It was a wonderful program, marred by only one slight hitch….me!  Five minutes before we were supposed to leave for the Lodge, I was in the kitchen, planning to make hot lemonade to take with me.  Somehow I tripped….I still don’t know how, and slammed my head into the corner of our granite counter top before falling into the cabinets and onto the floor.  By the time Michael got to me, I was covered in blood and my head was throbbing.  I know head wounds tend to bleed a lot even if they are not serious, so I wasn’t too worried.  I got it stopped and we headed out.  For some reason, it started to bleed again during the second song, and once more during the intermission (when our Lifestyle Director kindly got me a large bandaid),:

I'm definitely NOT looking forward to getting this back out of my hair!  BTW - this is my first selfie!!

but it was finally under control after that.  I really think I need to be on somebody’s prayer list because so far, 2019 has been kind of a bust for me healthwise!  We were home just after 9 PM and sat and read in front of the fire for a couple of hours….it was wonderful.

Isn't this an adorable Valentine's Day Princess:




3 comments:

  1. OMG, good thing bleeding eventually stopped and you didn't need stitches. Wish I was there to give a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a person for your machine. Her name is Phyliss and she makes the sanitary pads for girls in Africa so they do not miss school during their period. She goes thru machines fast as she sews 8 hrs a day on these and only needs a straight stitch. She would be delighted to receive your well loved Pfaff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not know if it's just me or if perhaps everybody else
    experiencing issues with your website. It appears like some of the text in your posts are running off the screen. Can someone else please provide
    feedback and let me know if this is happening to
    them too? This may be a problem with my internet browser because I've had this
    happen previously. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.