Friday, September 21, 2018

sticky buns, SHQ show & tell, Rizzo's dinner


If you really know me, you will not be surprised by the fact that I created a spreasheet to organize what Inez and I will be doing:



As Inez said "these are goals....not rules written in stone".  That's good especially since we were both tired yesterday and didn't make anything.  (The sticky buns were made Wednesday night...they were just BAKED yesterday morning).  We're hoping to knock out 2 things today (Friday!!)

**********************

Michael left for golf at Waterford in Rock Hill before 8 AM and when I got up Thursday morning (9/20) to slide the buns in the oven, they looked GORGEOUS!!  

Here's Wednesday night:


Here's Thursday morning:



They baked for about an hour, I flipped them over, and here they are in all their glory:  




















We had several people stop by to sample:  

Jim N

Paula

Anne



Inez


















Everyone finished up, Inez and I made a grocery list and we headed off to quilting.  We stayed long enough for lots of beautiful show and tell: 

made suring the hurricane



Linda is keeping this one!



love the quilting on this one

much prettier in person...my camera skewed this way yellow

the back of the quilt above, entire quilt from stash!!

Loree - donating this to prayers and squares



















beautiful thread painting



































and for our business meeting before heading for the chiro, then WALMART (groceries) and then home.  We were both kind of tired when we got home, so just talked for a bit and Connie called to ask if she could swing by:



We left at 5:30 for dinner at Rizzo’s Spaghetti House.  It was our first time and both Michael and Inez got the eggplant parmesan, 



while I had fettucini alfredo.  



There were salads and breadsticks as well:




I have to say that we all thought our dinners were just ok, and I’m not sure I’d visit again.  Anyway, Michael headed out for a pick up rehearsal after that while Inez and I talked and watched a bit of TV, and I made a start on quilting the first QoV on my frame. 

Janice, I was desperate to get in a little sewing….so here’s a before and after just for you  :~):

before














after...but still not done with it!


















1 comment:

  1. what does sewing have to do with clearing out the basket ?

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.