Friday, September 7, 2018

SHQ show & tell, end of an era, kitties


Michael packed everything for quilting in my car Thursday morning (9/6) and I headed out with my rosemary rolls:

here they are after baking at quilting

as this was a luncheon day.  I continued to work on my second set of Half Log Cabin blocks and made good progress; I am almost done with the second color.  

We had lovely things for show and tell:  

June's trapunto work


a gift for a granddaughter



















and lots of spectacular things for lunch:  


























I made several stops on the way home from quilting, and then headed out to the hairdressers.  At 3:30 PM I looked like this: 





and by 4:30 PM I looked like this:  






Yes…the end of an era  :~).  

When I got home, my babies were both snug in their bedroom tree:



















I headed to the kitchen to make up egg salad for Michael to take to rehearsal (he eats some every night in the play and I was deputized to make it), before heading to my studio.  When Michael left just after 6 PM, I was quilting on the Trellis quilt once again.  I only got a few rows done and for some reason just couldn't summon up a lot of energy, so I headed upstairs to read for several hours.  Michael didn't get home until after 11 PM, and that put us into bed around mid-night!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my - what have you done? What did M think! I hoped you warned him because I know he likes your hair long! Must say it sure makes you look younger! Can’t wait to see in person! 😳 Am143πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸΎπŸΎ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Michael prefers longer hair, but my vote is for your new look. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.