Monday, September 10, 2018

Rainbow Blockhead off of frame, kitties, Sandy's quilt loaded


We got a slow start Sunday morning (9/9), but eventually had breakfast before heading to other tasks.  I had several priorities to get through.  First up, I needed to get Sandy D’s first quilt on my frame as she needs it by the 20th and I do not want to run close to that date!  In order to do that, I had to clean up Rainbow Blockhead and get it OFF of the frame:  


I truly wish you all could see the quilting on this entire quilt....the pattern was just a perfect choice!

But, when I tried to put the quilt on the to-be-bound pile, no surprise, guess who was already there:  






And to add insult to injury, eventually there was this as well:  


One of the hardest things about finishing any quilt to this point, is the pile of stuff (batting attached to backing):  















that I have to figure out something to do with.  And from you non-quilters (if there actually ARE any that read this blog), don't bother to say 'throw it away'!!  There's a lot of usable material left in that pile!

Michael left just after 2 PM for the Sunday matinee performance, and I started to load up Sandy’s quilt:  

this is the backing






























You cannot imagine how many teeny, tiny pieces of fabric are in this quilt....it is phenomenal!  

I got it all basted before Michael got home around 7 PM.  He had some dinner and relaxed for a bit before we started to watch TV.  It was nice to get to bed at a reasonable hour for a change  :~)

I have a few other items for your perusal….

=another thoughtful piece by Leonard Pitts:  https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/leonard-pitts-jr/article218003710.html

=JOY THE BAKER (http://joythebaker.com) said it best when she called this 'A Difficult Read': https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/09/redemption-court/566963/. 

In case you don’t think this can happen to you, unless you were born a ‘white male’ (and I’m going to add Christian as well), you are part of the disenfranchised.  In some way your life has been minimized and made harder by laws and society.  After all, women were only given the right to vote less than 100 years ago:

= I know many people would call me somewhat of a liberal in my outlook and policitcs....see if you can figure out who first uttered this quote:

"If by a liberal they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people - their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties - someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that group us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a Liveral, then I'm proud to say I'm  Liberal.

1 comment:

  1. Are you a JFK fan - or just like that quote? You’d think you were from MA and not CT! 🤣 AM 143

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.