Tuesday, September 4, 2018

breakfast fry-up, Anne, rainbow blockhead loaded, Arizona Mary's new quilt


HAPPY LABOR DAY!!!  

We decided to have a big ‘fry-up’ on Monday morning: 


















and invited a guest:  


Michael did a fabulous job on the potatoes and bacon, letting me to swoop in at the last minute and get out the pancakes:  





We sat and talked for a bit after breakfast and when Anne left we both decided to read for a bit.  Around NOON I headed downstairs to try to be productive, while Michael got through all of his monthly chores.  

First up for me was loading up Rainbow Blockhead, a huge quilt which will be donated to BEDS=DREAMS:  















I got my bobbins wound and set up the program and kicked off the stitching (with variegated rainbow thread):  



















While that was happening I cut strips of blue for the binding of the second baby quilt and got that started:


Michael was down in the afternoon to run his emails, so once again...mom's blanket is best:















I put the embroidered towel through the wash to get rid of the last bit of stabelizer and I think it came out beautifully, thanks to Pat W telling me to put stabelizer on the top as well so that my stitching didn't all sink into the nap of the towel:



I needed a little break by dinnertime (I don’t know where the afternoon went but it seemed to fly by!!) and got a note out to my friend who had the stroke.  I don’t know how much comprehension she has for reading, and I like to send a picture of something from our Machine Embroidery meetings, so this is the format I came up with:  



I've been trying to write her at least weekly.  I would rather print 4 different pictures on a page, and write on the back, but I don’t know how to do that, so this will have to do. (I don’t know where the afternoon went but it seemed to fly by!!) We watched TV for quite awhile in the evening and I actually finished knitting a sleeve on one of my UFO’s, so I’m glad I’m making some progress!

Arizona Mary is on the board with another striking quilt:



That is just stunning!!!

And after all of the brouhaha over Senator John McCain’s death and funeral, here’s a thoughtful piece from Leonard Pitts, who always gives one something to think about: https://www.arcamax.com/politics/fromtheleft/leonardpittsjr/s-2119393

1 comment:

  1. Joining up with your blog because of the funky name, first of all...and I am in Charlotte...and I grew up in Arizona...and I lived 20 years in Miami and am a BIG Leonard Pitts fan...great article, I would not have read if it were not for you...thx

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.